Wednesday, June 20, 2007

1973

After losing tonight to the Minnesota Twins, the New York Mets have now lost 6 consecutive series.

Holy Crap, what the hell just happened?

The only thing that can help us stay positive is this little ditty: The only other team to make it to the World Series in a season when they lost 6 straight series... the 1973 Mets. Unfortunately the Mets lost to the A's that year. And now that they still havent woken from this pathetic slump, I'm starting to have my doubts about whether this is the team or not. We need 2/3 from Oakland this weekend, and 3/4 from the Cardinals next week. If we lose both those series or lose to Oakland and split with the Cardinals, you'll be able to find me walking in Times Square crying and singing "Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen!" stealing the naked cowboy's thunder. The only way things could get worse at this point would be if Omar brought in Jimmy Dolan for assistance in the trade market. Shoot me.

With all of this being said, I'm trying to stay positive. Trying to stay positive the same way Tom Hanks tried to stay positive in Philadelphia. Against all odds, you gotta believe. But if something doesn't change soon, this season may end more abruptly than the end of The Sopranos. Only when you think back on it, you want say, "Well, I guess it was a fitting way for the show to end." You'll say, "2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007... I'd like to erase those years from my memory."

Panic attack. Are you ready?

1 comment:

Matt B. said...

yo i love the new stuff man...check out my new posts too. i linked you up in the most recent one.